Psychiatry in Austin
Christian Psychiatry in Austin
Do you know someone who is struggling with their mental health? Have you struggled with it? Are you struggling right now?
The Timothy Center, a leader in Austin Christian psychiatry, is here to help. We offer a full spectrum of treatments and therapies to combat most psychiatric disorders.
Our full psychiatric services also come with medication management. We keep everything in-house and efficient. If you need adjustments to your medication, in most cases, it can be done in the same visit. No more having to go through the hassle of scheduling multiple appointments to try to manage your mental health
Our team of clinicians are committed to helping you find the right treatment path and medication that will work for you. We have therapy groups for anxiety and depression.
Christian Counseling and Therapy
When people think of Austin psychiatry, the first thing that comes to mind is therapy. We focus on several different types of therapy and counseling at The Timothy Center. These include:
- Individual Therapy – We work with you to create a plan to develop life skills and coping mechanisms to handle the challenges that life presents. We help you live life more mindfully so that you can be the person you and your family deserve.
- Group Therapy – We integrate Dialectical Behavioral Therapy skill into a group setting to help teach how to handle emotions more effectively and other life skills. We create a safe and secure setting to maximize sharing and growth and relieve anxiety.We offer groups for individuals, teens, couples, etc. Whatever you are and wherever you are in life’s journey – we can help.
- Marriage/Family – We truly understand the dynamic in a marriage. We have over 20 years experience in helping people navigate the, sometimes, treacherous waters of marriage.We help you and your spouse learn to empathize with each other, communicate at a deeper emotional level, and the treat each other with kindness.
- Child/Teen – We specialize in utilizing counseling to help your children reach their full potential.We touch on themes of how to better interact with peers, parents, and siblings. Utilizing family therapy, we offer parental coaching and family sessions to further maximize effectiveness.
- Online Counseling – Does the thought of scheduling and traveling to an appointment send your anxiety through the roof? Don’t live in Austin and the commute is too much?We conduct most of our therapy sessions online through a safe and secure client portal. We can teach you life skills from the comfort of your own living room!
- Sexual Addiction – Our sexual addiction recovery program includes use of therapy. We find therapeutic methods to change patterns of thinking to break free of this debilitating cycle.
Austin's Top Intensive Outpatient Program
For patients that are suffering from mental health issues that are a little more severe, we offer an Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP).
IOP offers comprehensive mental health care for teens and adults, if they don’t require a 24-hour program. These IOP sessions offer greater therapeutic support than normal individual or group therapy sessions.
Our IOP program is 10 hours long with 9 hours devoted to group therapy and 1 devoted to individual.
For more information on our IOP program, head over the IOP page here.
Psychiatric Medication Management
The Timothy Center is a full-service “one-stop-shop” of mental health care. In most cases we with partner therapy treatment with medication management.
This helps to keep treatment as efficient and stress-free, as possible, for the patient. Being able to adjust medication after a therapy session helps to stop anxiety and stress before they start.
If you have any questions about medication management, please speak to your provider or contact us today.
Find Healing at The Timothy Center
Whether you are a teen or an adult, having a quick talk with one of the mental health professionals at one of our treatment centers can help answer any remaining questions you have.
Our goal is to help identify how we can help improve your daily life through our Intensive Outpatient Program or any of our mental health services.
Whether you are suffering from negative thoughts, depression, self-harm, or any of a number of mental health issues, The Timothy Center can help. Contact us today for your confidential assessment.
Get the help you need.
Frequently Asked Questions
The Timothy Center offers a full range of psychiatric services, including medication management, individual therapy, group therapy, couples therapy, child/teen therapy, online counseling, sexual addiction therapy, and an Intensive Outpatient Program.
The Timothy Center combines biblical insights with the latest psychotherapeutic methods to provide holistic treatment for its patients. The center’s focus is on promoting mental health and well-being from a spiritual perspective.
Yes, The Timothy Center offers medication management services as part of its full psychiatric care package. Our team of professionals will work with you to determine the right medication and treatment plan to address your specific needs.
The Timothy Center’s Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP) provides comprehensive mental health care for adults and teens who are dealing with more severe mental health issues, but don’t require a 24-hour program. The IOP consists of 10 hours of therapy, including 9 hours of group therapy and 1 hour of individual therapy.
Yes, The Timothy Center offers online counseling services for patients who can’t travel to the center, or who would prefer the convenience of therapy from their own home.
Call now for more information on how we can help!